DNA kit instructions
Step 1: Activate your DNA kit
2. We recommend writing down your tube barcode number for your personal records.
Step 2: Sample Collection
Do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for 30 minutes prior to collecting your saliva sample.
1. Spit into the tube until the amount of saliva (not bubbles) reaches the ﬁll line. Do not overfill.
2. Close lid tightly by pushing down hard on the funnel lid until you hear a loud click.
3. Hold the tube upright. Unscrew the funnel from the tube.
4. Use the small cap to close the tube tightly.
5. Shake or invert the capped tube for 5 seconds to ensure all the stabilizing liquid is thoroughly mixed with the saliva and so that our lab may best process your sample. Keep the saliva sample at room temperature until shipped.
Step 3: Sending Sample for Analysis
1. Locate the bio-specimen bag that came in the mailer box and place the collected sample into the bio-specimen bag. Do not remove the absorbent pad. Seal the bag closed.
2. Place the bio-specimen bag with saliva sample back into the same mailer box it arrived in.
3. Close the box and seal it shut with the adhesive tape.
4. Mail the box with your sample from the nearest postal location. Postage has been pre-paid.